Thursday, September 24, 2009

Flower Friday

I grew up on the east coast in Frederick, Maryland. Every spring my family would travel to Washington, DC to see 'The Cherry Blosoms'. They were never anything but spectacular and I am sure that this ritual contributed to my love of flowers gardening and all things horticultural. Both of my parents loved plants. My father was the gardener and my mother was the sneezer ( the forsythia and mimosa trees did her in every year) even though she absolutely loved the beauty of them arriving in bloom. A couple years ago I had the chance to go to Colorado in late May where I discovered these gorgeous Cherry Blossoms at their prime just outside of Carbondale. Speaking of Cherry Blossoms, I just watched a movie by that name that was a lovely story about an older man who loses his wife and then finds his way back to her by making a journey to the one place she had always wanted to go, Mt. Fuji.



No comments: