Friday, September 18, 2009

Flower Friday.

Last weekend the rains finally came to Austin. We had been desperate for moisture for months so its arrival was cause to celebrate and to avert a flash flood. On Saturday my daughters and I played in the deluge and then returned home to work to move leaves and redirect the water so it wouldn't flood my studio. We all had a blast getting soaked to the bone and then much to our glee two days later these lovely Rain Lilies started popping up everywhere around town. I took these pictures near Zilker Elementary where one yard was absolutely covered with them. When I leaned down to take the pictures I was met by the most wonderfully sweet smell. Happy Flower Friday!









Did you see any in your neighborhood?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I planted rainlilies in the former runway turned my house to honor the praire that was once there. They graced us with their presence 2 days after the rain.

Kate said...

I planted rainlilies in the former runway turned my house to honor the praire that was once there. They graced us with their presence 2 days after the rain.

Nancy Mims said...

Beautiful! Atticus has been picking them on his morning walks to school.

Bernadette Noll said...

I know this yard! So loaded up with lilies. Now too you can gather seeds from those flowers as their little seed pods are just bursting with them. Beautiful capture Sarah!