Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Soup is Love.



At least that is what a certain soup peddler would say.   Anderson Family Farms had a flock of stewing hens for sale so on Saturday afternoon, I drove out past the airport to the The Farm and picked up a couple of birds with the intention of making chicken soup for my mildly ailing daughter and my beloved family.  No sooner had I filled the stew pot with water when my 6 year old daughter sidled up beside me saying 'I wanna make soup.'  In a flash, she was out the front door and back with 3 smooth round black river rocks or shall I say 'stones'. What is a mother to do?  Squelch the creativity of her own flesh and blood who after 5 days of being laid out with the flu, is now entirely fired up to make her own healing potion right along side mom?!  Not me. Soup is love.  Would you like Stone or Chicken?

4 comments:

Bernadette said...

Delicious. Glad to have you back.

Jodi Egerton said...

oh, that totally just made me burst into tears. and that photo with the stone...that should be a book cover...

i hope to be there the next time owen and arden bump into you guys at the park!
jodi

Anonymous said...

Stone, please...

Anonymous said...

I made stone soup with my first grade class after reading the book of the same title. I will always cherish the memory of that experience.